Wednesday, July 8, 2009

That Guy That Says, "Hi"


As I was working yesterday at my job, I started talking to one of the guys that I work with. He was telling me about his church and how it's run. Just from talking to this guy the past couple years, I can tell that this 400 person church is big on relationships. Even though it's a large church, it's also a close, tight-knit church.

While explaining the great things that were happening at the church, he told me of a visitor they had one Sunday. She was a young, single mother of two young children that nobody paid much attention to. My co-worker decided to go up to her and ask her if she'd like a tour of the church. He showed her the nursery, fellowship area, and sanctuary. He then took his seat, not thinking much of what he had just did.

The next Sunday, the mother showed up again. My co-worker gave her a smile and greeted her with a simple, "Hi."

After a few months, the mother kept returning and eventually became a part of the church body. She later told others in the church that she returned every Sunday just because there was a man that tracked her down every Sunday just to say, "Hi."

Dear God,
Help me to be like the guy that says, "Hi."

Stay Blessed,
-LJ-
Rom 8:2

No comments: