Saturday, January 30, 2010

The One and Only Holy Spirit

"I thank my God I speak in tongues more than you all. . ." (1 Corinthians 14:18)

I heard a sermon concerning this subject and I felt like somebody needed this word. He spoke of the Holy Spirit descending on the revival at 312 Azusa Street in 1906. Now there is a great story behind 312 Azusa St., but I'll skip the majority for time's purpose. At this place, there were those that persecuted the people that were speaking in other tongues. There was one preacher in particular that said that these people were demon possessed and he was one of the greatest opposition to the movement. The preacher thought that he was going to go to Azusa St. to set everyone straight. When he walked in, the people were singing "The Comforter has come." The preacher then thought that he'd had enough of listening to these people speaking in tongues and worshipping God. He began to proclaim, "This is not of God! This is not of God!"

Suddenly, it seemed like two hands had shut his mouth. At that moment, he began to feel the power of God upon him. In the words of this accusatory preacher, "The Comforter came!" The next words out of his mouth were not words of accusation, but were other tongues, as he began to speak in other tongues under the power of God, as the Spirit gave him the utterance.

Saying this, I'm ready for a fresh touch of Pentecost. I'm so tired of sitting in dead services, with dead preachers, and dead people sitting on the pew. I'm ready for a touch from on high. I would rather die a thousand deaths than sit another 5 minutes in a church that never praises the Lord, that's never seen anybody healed, that's never seen anybody saved, that's never seen anybody baptized in the Holy Ghost.

I want to say that I'm proud to be Pentecostal. I'm not ashamed to say that I shout to God when I feel His spirit. I'm not ashamed to lift my hands. I'm not ashamed to dance before the Lord when I feel the glory of the Lord.

Give me the pure, unadulterated, genuine move of the Holy Spirit over any program or peacock preacher that the church has to offer.

"Lord, give it to us again!"


Praying,

LTJ
Rom. 8:2

I’m never lonely anymore,
Since the Comforter has come;
My heart with joy is flowing o’er,
Since the Comforter has come.

Since the Comforter has come,
Since the Comforter has come,
Heaven has begun with me;
I am satisfied and free,
Since the Comforter has come,
Since the Comforter has come.
Oh, what have I to dread or fear,
Since the Comforter has come?

The pow’r of Pentecost is here,
Since the Comforter has come.
I’m living in abounding grace,
Since the Comforter has come;
I’m dwelling in “the secret place,”
Since the Comforter has come.
Yes, I have grace and glory here,
Since the Comforter has come;
And long for Christ to soon appear,
Since the Comforter has come.
I can do all things through His strength,
Since the Comforter has come;
The victor’s crown I’ll win at length,
Since the Comforter has come.

No comments: