Saturday, June 19, 2010

Men of Valor


The Bible is full of heroes: Peter, Paul, Elijah, Moses, David, etc. These are all men that we can look up to and treasure their obedience to the Lord. I'd like to share with you a few men that have meant so much to me throughout my life. I would place each of these men even among David's "mighty men of valor."


My father, Tom Justice, is my personal hero. He is and has been the greatest father that this young preacher could ever ask for. I have never met a man with more integrity in all of my life. He has always relayed to me throughout my life the importance of being fair with people. He never just preached about it. He always practiced it. I can honestly say, with God as my witness, that I have never seen him try to underhand somebody else so that he could advance himself. Even if it would cost him everything, I know that my Dad's motto would be, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Thankfully, I've learned more than anything else, that nothing is worth taking your integrity and relationship with the Lord. Dad, you are a mighty man of valor.


My Pa, Arvil Justice, is the kindest man that I know. He has raised my Dad and Aunt with a set of values that will never be forgotten. I'm so thankful that he has maintained his Christian beliefs and has kept the bedrock of Christ that has kept our family together. Pa, you are a mighty man of valor.


My Grandfather, Randall Richardson, is a man that has followed the Lord with all of his heart ever since I can remember. I can truly say that he is the most avid Bible studier that I know. I always cherish the times that we discuss eschatology, pneumatology, ecclesiology, etc. (If you don't know what any of this is, you can tell that he doesn't play games with his Bible studies. :) Grandpa, thanks for all that you've done. You are a mighty man of valor.


Honor the men in your life this weekend. Be thankful for the men that God has put into your life. I definitely am. It's been a great life so far!



Stay Blessed,


LTJ

Rom 8:2

No comments: